Search and Filtering for WP Job Manager is the ONLY plugin specifically created for WP Job Manager to add, remove, or modify the fields for Searching and Filtering Job and Resume listings.
Search and Filtering is a complete drag-and-drop, frontend editing plugin, allowing you to visually change and see exactly what your visitors will see when searching or filtering listings on your website. This fully featured plugin allows you to see in real-time, exactly what the layout and style of your custom filters will look like, without the need to ever reload a page again.
Think frontend website builder, but specifically made for WP Job Manager. This plugin comes with numerous features right out of the box, to enhance your website to the fullest level, adding whatever kind of search or filtering fields you would like. All custom meta fields are supported, as well as taxonomies, and even a few custom features from this plugin, like search radius, to allow users to narrow down listings based on the radius around the value entered in the location field.
Video Tutorials and WalkThroughs
sMyles Plugins has been building WP Job Manager plugins for over 5+ years, you can rest assured if anybody knows WP Job Manager, we do.
WP Job Manager Search and Filtering
- Completely customize Resume and Job search and filtering fields (Company coming soon)
- Drag, drop, and resize frontend UI to organize fields however you want
- Real time frontend editing UI to see changes immediately without page reloads
- Built-in Spacing Editor
- Built-in Styles Editor (with auto suggest) for Input/Wrapper/Label custom CSS
- Responsive Mobile Edit Mode
- Auto size grid field based on content
- Automatically update URL in browser when values selected (and auto populate from URL values)
- Built in setup wizard to get you started with example, and default templates (based on your theme)
- Conditionally show sections or fields based on checkbox (“Advanced Search” checkbox demo video)
- Output using Auto Output, Çustom Shortcodes,
[resumes]Shortcode, or Widgets
- Automatically calculate range values (based on values from existing listings)
Included Field Types
Standard Text Field, Locate Me (Geolocation) Text Field, Checkbox, Single Select Dropdown (Select2 or Element UI), Multi-Select Dropdown (Select2 or Element UI), Radio Buttons, Slider, Range Slider, Checklist, Button, Custom HTML Content, Spacer Grid Field, WordPress Tag Cloud
All included field types are completely customizable, including custom wrapper/input classes, custom CSS (under styles tab) for input, wrapper, labels, and more!
– Icon Action Setting (Clear or Search icons)
Locate Me (Geolocation) Text Field
– Google Maps Geolocation
– Latitude/Longitude Support
– Type Preference, Language, etc
– Label Placement (Wrap/Above/Below Input)
– Label Element (label, div, span, etc)
Single Select Dropdown (Element UI)
– Filterable/Clearable/No Match Custom Text
Single Select Dropdown (Select 2)
– Allow Clear, Close On Select, etc
– Supports all Select2 options
Multi-Select Dropdown (Element UI)
– Clearable/Filterable/Max Selections
Also includes “Collapse Tags” feature:
Multi-Select Dropdown (Select 2)
– Expand or Scroll on selections
– Max Selections, Clear, etc
– Supports all Select2 options
Radio Buttons (single select)
– Automatically determine min/max based on values from listings
– Custom min, max, and interval
– Tooltips (None/Always/Focus/Hover/Active)
– Tooltip Placement (Top/Bottom/Left/Right)
– Prepend/Append Custom String on displayed values
– Format displayed numbers (ie $3,000)
– Customize Rail, Progress, Dot styles/colors/etc
– Same features as slider above
– Supports two separate search sources (ie different meta keys) or single meta key
– Customize full wrapper
<ul> and/or input wrapper
– Customize full or input wrapper classes
– Customize label placement (wrap/above/below input)
– Customize label element
– Customize element type (input/button/link)
– Customize input type (standard/submit/reset)
– Custom actions, reset results, update results (or none)
– Customize Caption/Label
– Insert your own custom HTML
WordPress Tag Cloud
– Auto Hide (when no values)
– Auto Update (update shown tags to match only ones on listings in results)
– Supports all
wp_tag_cloud arguments (order, show count, smallest font size, largest, etc)
Display output normally dependent on theme, but can be customized however you want.
– Set any field value for all searches on page
AutoComplete (Google Places)
– Auto suggest handling (places, address, business, etc)
– Customize Country and/or Result Value
– Available as single text field, or use in Locate Me
– Supports Google Maps, MapBox, or OpenStreetMaps (free)
– Output map in grid OR inject ANYWHERE on your page!
Field Types in Development
- Date Picker (Range & Single)
- Time Picker (Range & Single)
Don’t see a field type you want to have? Let me know and i’ll add it to the list!
- Search Relation (Any Match/All Match)
- Search Comparison (equals, contains, does not contain, less than, greater than, etc)
- Debounce/Delay triggering search based on characters entered (or after specific delay)
- Import/Export Section JSON
- Custom CSS editor for Sections
- Custom Data Source (Option Values) for Select, Multiselect, Checklist, etc
- Enable/Disable Sections without removing
- Section Priority Output (to define which sections output first when using same auto output location)
- Customize Wrapper, Input, Checkbox, Label classes
- Set default values for all listings
- Custom Import/Export JSON for Custom Type Configuration (to easily copy styles/settings between fields)
- Include “Anywhere” fields in results (listings with no location set)
Custom Theme Support/Templates
The following themes have custom support already integrated, as well as default template to match existing search and filtering. Search and Filtering *should* work with any theme, as long as the developers have not removed the hooks or from WP Job Manager templates.
Demo (requires 1.4.6 or newer for all features)
- Jobify (with Jobify widget support)
- Listify (with Listify widget support)
- WorkScout (requires 2.0.19 or newer)
Support for the “side map” layout with the filters showing in dropdown popups will be added in an upcoming release (specific to WorkScout)
Custom Plugin Integration
- Job Tags
- WP Resume Manager (requires version 1.18.1+)
- Fully documented code ( PHP Doc )
- Coded following WordPress PHP Standards ( CSS/JS only loads on plugin pages, code style, etc )
- CSS/JS Dynamically loaded based on section/field configuration (lazy loaded to increase site performance)
|License Type||Included||Site Activations||Support and Upgrades|
|Developer Elite||Elite Priority Support, White Glove Full Service, Weekend Support, Priority Feature Request (2 total), WordPress/WP Job Manager Support (10 total), Direct Chat Access to Myles||Unlimited||1 Year|
|Developer Premium||Priority Support, Feature Request (1 total), WordPress/WP Job Manager Support (3 total)||Unlimited||1 Year|
|Developer Basic||Standard Support for Bug and Compatibility Issues||Unlimited||1 Year|
|Individual Elite||Elite Priority Support, White Glove Full Service, Weekend Support, Priority Feature Request (2 total), WordPress/WP Job Manager Support (10 total), Direct Chat Access to Myles||2||1 Year|
|Individual Premium||Priority Support, Feature Request (1 total), WordPress/WP Job Manager Support (3 total)||2||1 Year|
|Individual Basic||Standard Support for Bug and Compatibility Issues||1||1 Year|
Individual licenses allow the plugin to be activated, receive automatic updates (and support) on 1 site, whereas the Developer license allows activation and support for unlimited sites.
Full details and description of each license type can be found here:
Requires PHP 5.3+
5.2 has been unsupported since 2011, there’s really no reason anybody should still be running 5.2, and if your hosting company is, you should tell them to upgrade immediately!
Also called WP Job Manager Search and Filtering (WP Job Manager – Search and Filtering)
Oskar (verified owner) – :
This plugin is essential to set up a job board. This together with the field editor is a must I think. They work together and makes it possible to edit and adjust settings as needed and gives you new ideas how to make your site perfect.
There is a lot of settings and tweaking so I would recommend buying a package of help instead of only the plugin. I did that mistake going in to this as a beginner on websites. It would save you time, money and effort paying more to get it set up and working instead of a lot of extra jobs to freelancers etc.
Amazing product and support!
Samer (verified owner) – :
Every plugin by Myles for WP Job Manager I have used ahs worked well, is documented well, and support is great. Happy to recommend any time.
Garrett – :
Myles has built a solution which has saved me many days of time. By using his plugin he has extended & added to the original WP job manager by giving the user the ability to create custom fields and layouts which give the user fine grained control of their jobs board. He has extensively documented the solution and his support replies are both detailed and quick. If you buy the WP Job Manager you MUST buy WP Job Manager Field Editor
Andy Romero (verified owner) – :
Great video demos
God like support!
Harald (verified owner) – :
I tested a lot of plugins for WPJM. These are the best by far! Really great job! Amazing! Best regards from germany!
Ferdinand (verified owner) – :
Great plugin. I have used WP Job Manager for several projects but the lack of flexibility in the frontend search form is really frustrating. With this plugin you can totally customize the search and add as many new categories and filters as you want. Works very well together with Myles’ Field Editor plugin.
Mark (verified owner) – :
Absolutely in love with this and the integration with Cariera theme. Was using facetwp with listable but switched themes due to many issues and so happy I did, setup was a breeze and being able to move fields around on frontend makes it easy for an old guy like me i struggled with facetwp for a long time. You were very nice and helpful while i was learning the plugin the elite license has already paid for itself in the help with other issues not related to your plugin, thank you thank you thank you!!!
Paul (verified owner) – :
I have a job board running the workscout theme and the plugin works exactly as expected. Once I’d updated the theme this was the quickest set up of new functionality on the website I’ve ever gone through and works like a charm. Myles has been incredibly responsive to the few questions I had.
I unreservedly recommend this plugin, well worth the price and more.
Kirstie (verified owner) – :
I 100% recommend this plugin and the support Myles provides is outstanding.
I’ve used WPJM to add job board functionality to a community networking site but with limited WordPress knowledge (and zero developer experience) I was struggling to get it to work for some of our members. I purchased the Search and Filtering plugin from Myles literally a few days ago and I am now up and running with a Live job board which I am pleased to say is meeting all of my members needs.
The support that Myles provides with the Elite Level License goes far beyond anything else I have experienced with other WordPress plugins. We are not talking about a few words in an email or a reference to a forum article. From the moment I purchased the plugin I have had a direct communication channel with Myles to explain what I’ve been trying to achieve, he has listened and advised every step of the way. When it went beyond anything I was able to do he’s jumped straight into my site and sorted it out for me.
5-star review without a doubt.
Daniel (verified owner) – :
Like all the other addons it works great! Easy to use.. great job…
Ryan (verified owner) – :
Outstanding addition to WP Job Manager and finally enables advanced filtering without needing to mess with templates, functions, hooks, etc. The interface is easy to use and the output is fantastic. This has really taken our job board to the next level!
Plus—the Elite plan support has been phenomenal. We’ve paid far more with other vendors and received barely more than a 1 line email support response. Myles is thorough in his responses and explanations and truly wants his users to succeed with his plugins.